How do I adjust the DW682 if the biscuit does not fit properly?
To adjust the parallel setting on the unit, check the blade cover where it attaches to the casting at the front of the unit. To have a parallel slot it is necessary to make sure the blade cover is flush with the casting. To check this run you finger across the joint where they meet. In most cases, one side will not be flush, to correct this loosen the two #20 torx screws at the front of the unit directly above the anti slip pins and tighten them with the two pieces flush. This should make the unit cut a parallel cut.
To adjust the depth of cut, raise the fence up out of the way. Look on the right side looking at the unit, there is a hole; insert the #20 torx driver supplied with the unit. Turn the screw clockwise for less depth and counterclockwise for more depth. This should set your unit to the proper depth.
See the attached manual for further instructions on how to use this tool.
Attachment: DW682 Manual.pdf
Was this answer helpful?
Answers Others Found Helpful
- What is the kerf or thickness of the blade used on the DW682 plate joiner and how deep of a cut should it make?
- How can I check to see if my DW096 Auto Level is calibrated properly?
- Was there a change made to the manual for the DW745 10" Bench top Table Saw?
- How do I adjust the blade gap in the metal cutting shears?
- How do I adjust the DWS7085 LED Worklight?