What should I do with my Access Point if the app or web is showing poor performance?
The DEWALT Jobsite WiFi system has a variety of methods to inform you if the Access Point is experiencing poor connectivity - including via the app, web, and the LED light indicator on the Access Point itself.
Typical causes of degraded performance during the construction process include pouring large concrete forms, installing glazing, and other large structural changes that hinder the line of sight between Access Points. In the event you experience degraded connectivity, here are some things you can try:
- Move the Access Point at least 10’ (3m) away from large obstructions
- Ensure the Access Point is at least 200’ (60m) and within line of sight of at least one other Access Point
- Connect a second Access Point to an ISP to load balance the network
- Hard wire portions of the network by connecting nearby Access Points using a CAT5e or CAT6 Ethernet cable
Refer to our Quick Start Installation Guide for best practices for placement.
If you are still having issues, give us a call at 1-800-4-DEWALT (1-800-433-9258) for additional support.
Was this answer helpful?
Answers Others Found Helpful
- What do the statuses on the mobile app mean?
- How do I remove a DEWALT® Jobsite WiFi Access Point from my account?
- How do I reset my DEWALT® Jobsite WiFi Access Point?
- Can I get step-by-step instructions for installation of DEWALT® Jobsite WiFi system?
- What happens to the DEWALT® Jobsite WiFi system if there is a power outage?